Copyright, Trademark & Intellectual Property
Entertainment companies, news organizations, publishers, major industrial companies, and a wide range of others turn to LSKS to achieve success in intellectual property litigation, both as right-holders and as defendants. For example, we:
- have successfully defended significant trials involving allegations of copyright or trademark infringement;
- have routinely defeated attempts to enjoin distribution of allegedly infringing movies, television shows, news reports, and a variety of goods and services;
- handled precedent-setting litigation involving the application of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and issues surrounding intellectual property rights in digital media;
- have established important precedents in the area of trademark dilution and contributory trademark infringement and have pursued trademark infringement claims against a party conducting “ambush” marketing at major sporting events;
- defended major industrial companies from claims asserting infringement of software, training materials, and other copyrightable subject matter;
- have litigated cases arising from claims of idea theft; and
- halted the infringement of countless copyrights and trademarks.
In addition to our litigation practice, we counsel clients concerning the licensing and use of others’ copyrighted works and trademarks, and advise our clients on securing, safeguarding, and licensing their own intellectual property. We are experts on fair use and provide “clearance” services to producers, their insurance carriers, and others.
LSKS’s IP practice has a significant international component as well. We regularly work with clients, both American and foreign nationals, to license content and trademarks for use around the globe and to protect those rights in international jurisdictions. LSKS lawyers have supervised the litigation of trademark disputes in Europe, Asia, Africa, the Pacific Rim, and the Americas.
To review a list of some of the noteworthy copyright, trademark, and theft of idea cases LSKS has litigated, please click here.
Recent News About LSKS's Copyright, Trademark & Intellectual Property Practice
- Court Dismisses Most Claims In Video Licensing Case
- LSKS Attorneys Publish Alert About New DMCA Requirement
- Poster Distributor Defeats Photographer's Copyright Claim